Thursday, September 17, 2009

French River Old Voyageur Route

With the weather being so nice, you sometimes just have
to kick back and enjoy the scenery!

Okay, I'm majorly behind on posts (as expected) so I'm going to throw a couple at you regarding 2 trips. Its my way of trying to stay in touch for the next little while, so here's the overdue one first.

I recently came back from an amazing trip on the French River following the Old Voyageur Route. It was 5 days of very hot sunny weather, - like summer again! (wait, did we have summer this year?!) I also got to trip with a new paddler, Andrea that I met through MEC's People Connect. Its always a little nerve-racking paddling with someone new for the first time, but it turned out great!

Anyhow, the one thing that stood out on this trip other than the great weather was the gourmet food that Andrea provided. When I write a post on this trip, it will be like describing a menu at the restaurant! No joke! I was literally blown away! I was certainly reminded how differently people trip and even learned to appreciate it. (I don't know if I can deal with packaged dehydrated food anymore!!!) Well here's a couple pics to tease you regarding
this trip for now. Next, I'm headed off for another solo excursion.

Happy Paddling!,
tPP


Check this out! - Slow roasted tomatoes on salmon with toasted
pearl couscous on a bed of mixed greens!
Even I still say "wow"!

No comments: